The most 5 major and basic precautionary steps to get rid of the virus is as follow:
- Washing hands frequently: According to the WHO (World Health Organisation) there is a special way to wash our hands. The technique is to wash with the help of our right hand fingers rubbing it back and forth in the gap of left hand fingers and vice versa. Remember to use hand wash or soap and wash your hands for no less than 3-4 minutes.
- Maintain Social distance: When you are around people, remember to keep 1 meter (3 feet) distance at any rate. If a sick (COVID-19) person sneezes or coughs, there are chances the small droplets can vastly spread around, especially in current days. The particles can stick to you and while you breathe it can also enter your body. It can also stick to you for more than 4-5 hours.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth: You should not touch your eyes nose and mouth by your hands often. The hands can get contaminated many times unknowingly as we use it daily and touch most of things we work on.
- Stay at home if you feel sick: If you feel mild fever, coughing, headache and breathing problem stay at home and if it seems to increase, seek to nearest doctor. Use helpline numbers for medical assistance.
- Practise good respiratory hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with handkerchief or wear mask if you cough or sneeze. As this practice will stop the small droplet from spreading around you. Always sneeze or cough on your elbow which will again stop the spreading droplets of infection.
Help line number and email: 011-23978046 or 1075, [email protected]
Live help line number: +91 9013151515
For more information on the statistics of COVID-19 please go on Nation Indian Government website: https://www.mygov.in/covid-19/