When Your Body Language Speaks Louder Than Words

Most importantly, do what makes the other person feel comfortable with your body language and you will be happy with the results.

Body Language Speak Louder Than Words

Has it ever occurred to you? How much are you speaking to people even when you are not speaking? Actually, you are constantly sending your thoughts and feelings whether you are using words or not. According to a study, your words convey only 7% of messages while remaining 93% is nonverbal. So it’s definitely important to take care of body language. – Body language speaks louder than words!

 

Eye Contact

 

It’s the most obvious way you communicate. When you are looking at other people, you show interest. When you fail to make eye contact, you are ignoring a person. At least try to maintain eye contact about 60% of the time in order to look interested.

 

Mouth

 

Your mouth gives clues too, and not just when you are speaking. Mouth movements like the way you twist your lips to one side or pursuing them can indicate that you are thinking about what you are hearing.

 

Head Position

 

The position of your head speaks to people very well. Keeping your head straight will make you appear self-assured. People will take you seriously then.

 

Facial Expressions

 

Facial expression is the most important form of non-verbal communication. A smile gives a positive message. A smile is an instrument which provides an impression of confidence. A good facial expression makes people more interested in your thoughts. A facial expression is a crucial part of body language.

 

Arms

 

Arms crossed or folded over your chest say that you have blocked other people out and have no interest in them what they are saying. The best place for your arms is by your side. You will look relaxed and confident.

 

Legs

 

Yes, definitely your legs talk too. A lot of movement of legs indicates your nervousness. Don’t shake your legs while talking to others. Sit firmly and confidently.

 

Distance

 

The distance you keep from others is crucial if you want to establish a good rapport. Standing too close in someone’s face will mark you as pushy. Positioning yourself too far away will make you seem unfriendly. Try to find a happy medium.

Most importantly, do what makes the other person feel comfortable with your body language and you will be happy with the results. Once again, body language speaks louder than words! Body language speaks well and good if you master it perfectly.